Community 10 Point Program
Coming together for the good of the people
- We want living wages for all. Businesses and corporations cannot survive without the people who put in the most work. We must respect workers’ rights and ensure they have enough to provide for themselves and their family through a livable wage. Living wages for all equates to ending poverty for all; our dignity and worth as human beings should not be tied to our jobs.
- We want a federal jobs guarantee for people.
- We want access to fresh, organic, affordable, and healthy foods. We want clean water and clean air within our communities.
- We want decent, permanent, and affordable housing, fit for shelter [of] human beings. The richest nation in the world has no excuses to have its citizens on the streets.
- We want education that provides the resources that will equip the people with life skills, critical thinking, and financial literacy skills that improve the quality of life for all.
- We want investment in programs of social uplift rather than in war. The strongest nations prioritize meeting the needs of their people while reaping the benefits; America must reorganize its values.
- We want to create a new system of public safety that values the lives of people over property. Public safety should be rooted in creating environments that reduce harm, and intentionally invests in holistic healing for all.
- We want to create healing reservations that are fully staffed with therapists, not over-crowded, and focused on healing the trauma that is at the root of why we commit harm onto our neighbors. Prisons are not the solution–we need healing reservations.
- We want Medical Care for all because all life is interrelated. We are all caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. We can’t truly be a healthy nation as long as we have sick people that cannot afford care.
- We want to atone for the Indigenous lives lost. As we continue to occupy Indigenous land, we must end the erasure of Indigenous history through accurate education; we must welcome immigrants into America as the Indigenous people have welcomed us; we must honor the land and truly restore Mother Earth’s beauty by investing in a Green New Society.